Monday, August 8, 2011

And So It Begins...

the growing up, that is. Both girls go back to school this week and it's really starting to sink in how quickly they are growing and how much they are changing. Sadie Kate had her open house for the 3 year old class at daycare and was thrilled to see her friends again. Ellie and I went to her open house for kindergarten and she was equally thrilled to see her friends...who are across the hall! I was disappointed that she didn't have any friends in her class, but she didn't seem to care since her two good friends were in sight (at least they will have lunch, P.E., and a playground break together).
I am excited and anxious for Wednesday-the first day of Kindergarten for Ellie-since Mark will take her to class and quickly, following strict instructions, text me and tell me how she did. I can't believe I have to miss such a milestone in her life, but at least I will be the first to hear all about her first day of school.

Sadie Kate started school today and did wonderfully, which was a delightful surprise since she woke up with an earache and cried for about 30 minutes before getting dressed. Her teacher said she followed directions, shared with her friends, and took a 2 hour nap without fussing. Here's hoping Ellie's first day turns out as well!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear all about SKs first day! Yea! Praying for you and Ellie!

    ReplyDelete