Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Best Intentions

Last January 1, I started this blog to document the girls' childhood experiences and memories with the hopes of creating a book version for each girl to keep. As the year's end approached, I had great intentions of writing a loving and poignant review of our year as a family.  However, life had other ideas. Ellie woke up New Year's Eve with a high fever and rash, which I immediately recognized as strep. After 3 hours at the doctor's office, we returned home with a prescription (and 2 stickers). Ellie slept throughout the day and periodically through the night as her fever spiked to over 103 degrees. New Year's Day hasn't been any better, as her fever is still over 102 degrees. She feels so absolutely horrible; it's pitiful. I am disappointed that I couldn't finish the first year with the touching glance through 2011 as I had envisioned, but I sure have enjoyed hearing "I just need my Momma"...maybe next year.

1 comment:

  1. Poor little girl! I hope she is feeling better now and y'all can do a few more fun things before you all go back to school. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete