Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Well, she did it!!

What an exciting week we've had...
         Ellie has worked so hard all year to learn her kindergarten sight words...it seemed like there were over 1000, but hey, who's counting!! Those final few words really threw her for a loop and we practiced those jokers every night...if I never see "what" and "want" again, I'll be just fine! To get that final push of motivation and effort, I promised Ellie I would take her to the salon and get her fingernails polished as a reward as soon as she passed off the entire kindergarten list. Well, that did it...two days later, this smiling face greeted me after school...

We already had appointments for haircuts that afternoon, so we stopped next door and the girls got their nails polished.  $6 and 4 minutes later, I had two happy girls. Wow, I should have thought of that earlier!!




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Ellie!! You are a great Momma for helping her and encouraging her!! I love the pictures of your girls getting their nails done! Everytime I see a post with Sadie Kate in it, I laugh! She reminds me of my Ava. :) Congratulations on selling your house! I hope y'all are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Ellie! It is so exciting...maybe she will go ahead and help you get Sadie Kate through that sight word list!

    ReplyDelete