Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ellie's First Book

What a monumental day! Ellie came home Wednesday with her first reader to practice at home. She has had weekly homework, but this is the first book, and boy was I excited. As soon as she brought it to me after school, she read it. Then she read it to several teacher friends before we left school for the day. She read it to Daddy, Sadie Kate, and even to grandparents over the phone. At bedtime, I told her it wouldn't be too long before she could read bedtime stories to me...she beamed!




Maybe it's me being a sentimental mom or maybe it's the teacher in me, but I can't believe my baby is reading. This is HUGE! This is up there with loosing a tooth and shaving her legs and I'm not sure I'm ready for this!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Laurie! I'm not ready for our girls to be this big! Can we just turn it back to the summer we were in the pool with our babies at Amber's house?!?

    ReplyDelete