Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Great Start to Spring

I was sooo ready for spring break! Between Ellie's surgery, catching up on school work, flower beds hidden under weeds, and a house screaming for a good scrub, I was desperate for a week off. The beginning of the week found us still nursing poor Ellie, but by mid week, we were ready to get out of the house. Thursday, the girls and I went to visit my grandparents and dad in Marengo County. We had a great visit and I was astounded by the progress my grandfather had made since December when we were just praying he would be here for Christmas. I have to admit that the sight of him playing baby dolls with Ellie and Sadie Kate made my heart so thankful to my awesome God! Although Ellie still can't "play outside" until next week, she made the most of her afternoon with Pop (my dad) and MaMa and TaTa (my grandparents)...poor CiCi (my stepmother) was suffering through spring break at the beach. They hid eggs (hen, not Easter), played baby dolls, ate chips (not on Ellie's soft diet), ate ice cream (to make up for the chips), broke the swing, and got lots of hugs and attention. It was a great day in the country!
Ellie, baby doll, and Pop hide eggs for Sadie Kate.
Can you find the hidden egg?




Now that's one happy grandfather!

1 comment: