Saturday, March 5, 2011

Overheard...

On our way back from dinner tonight, Mark and I are talking and somehow the word "engine" is mentioned. Ellie, from the back seat, pipes up and says, "Injuns steal pies!" Mark and I share a confused look, ask her to repeat herself, and begin to laugh. Mark takes a stab in the dark and says,"Like cowboys and injuns?" and Ellie replies,"No, like injuns that do karate and kick". Mark and I look at each other, still bewildered by our little one, until he finally says,"...oh, ninjas!" I'm still left wondering...where does she get this stuff and why do ninjas steal pies?
          
Sadie Kate came in from school one afternoon this week and declared that her friend, Lawson, had gotten a time out and had to sit in the "sad seat". We then talked about making good choices so we won't have to sit in the "sad seat". Curiosity struck and I asked if she had gotten a time out. She smiled and proudly replied, "Yep, I got two and Lawson only got one! Yay, Sa-Kate!" Makes a momma proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment