Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Story for Ellie

Over the past few weeks, Ellie has started asking to hear stories from when she was a baby. She loves these stories and prefers these "Baby Ellie" stories to her standard bedtime book. She has several favorites, like Baby Ellie falling into the ant bed and Baby Ellie smearing squash all over her face, but her absolute favorite story is the night Baby Ellie was born. Since this blog was created to chronicle the girls' lives, I think today would be the perfect day to include it on the blog. So, exactly five years later...here is your story.

Daddy and I had waited a long time for you to grow in my belly and couldn't wait to meet you. We went to the hospital on Tuesday, March 28 at 6:00 to get ready to meet you. We spent the night and the entire next day waiting for you. The doctor kept coming in to check on you, but you weren't ready to come out. They gave me medicine to help you come out and it finally worked!! After waiting all night and all day, Baby Ellie was born at 9:21 at night on Wednesday, March 29. When the doctor held you up and I saw your red hair, I cried. When the doctor put you on my chest, I cried. When I looked up and saw your daddy's face, I cried. Ellie, I was so glad to finally see you, that my heart filled with joy and tears just fell out all over your little pink blanket. Within minutes, our entire family was in the room looking at you, talking to you, hugging you, and thanking God for your safe delivery into our arms. After visiting for a while, everyone went home to rest after such an exciting day. Alone in the dark, quiet room, Daddy and I sat on the hospital bed together just holding you and thanking God for sending us such a perfect little baby girl. 
Five years later, Daddy and I sit on your bed, watch you sleep, and thank God for our compassionate, energetic, loving, and perfectly created baby girl.
Momma and Daddy love you...everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment