Friday, April 22, 2011

A Good Friday, Indeed

What a week! Sadie Kate was sent home from daycare Tuesday with a fever that just kept getting higher. I took her to the doctor and all tests were negative. I stayed home with her Wednesday (she missed school picture day) and she had no fever and seemed fine. She went back to daycare Thursday and I got a call before I even arrived at work saying Sadie Kate was vomiting and "stuff" and someone needed to come get her. Thank goodness for understanding bosses, co-workers, and Mimi!! I don't want to think about what we would have done this week without my mom stepping in and taking care of a sick, sick little girl. Mark and the girls were all off today for Good Friday so Daddy was left on nurse duty. Thankfully, the vomiting has stopped, but the "stuff" still lingers. Here's a sad little picture of a sick little girl...


We have horrible luck around religious holidays...it always seems someone has pink eye, a stomach virus, or a sinus/ear infection that keeps us from church. Seriously, over the past 5 years, we have missed either the Christmas or Easter service every year! Now that the girls are getting old enough to really understand what these holidays are truly about, Mark and I really want them to experience it at church. Which brings me to my next picture. Ellie brought this picture home from daycare Thursday and was so excited to tell us all about it. She said, "That's my Jesus on the cross. He died to save me from my sense. He's watching over Daddy, Momma, Ellie, and Sadie Kate. Do you like it? Oh yeah, that's the rainbow for the promise God made everybody. You know, that He won't flood the world again. I drew it 'cause of the promise Jesus and God made to live in my heart. Do you like it?"
My heart absolutely swelled in my chest, tears filled my eyes, and all I could say was, "Yes baby, Momma likes it alot." I pray God will continue preparing her heart for a saving knowledge of His mercy and grace and I pray that she will always call him "my Jesus".

No comments:

Post a Comment