Thursday, April 28, 2011

Praying for our Town

Tuscaloosa was hit yesterday by a monster of a tornado, a one mile wide EF5, to be exact. The devastation is difficult to believe. The tornado went through the center of town destroying everything in its path, including our beloved Krispy Kreme, where Ellie and I love to sneak away while Daddy and Sadie Kate nap on Sundays. The tornado came through about 6 miles south of our house and about 1 mile from where Mark was at work. Watching the tornado come so close to Mark was such a helpless feeling. The girls and I huddled in the closet praying for God to protect Daddy from the storm. I have to admit, hearing a 5 and 2 year old pray for their daddy to come home safely was more than I could handle, and the tears started flowing. After the prayer, Sadie Kate said, "Momma, why do you have mad eyes?" Guess I didn't hide it very well. Please join us in praying for our town and especially the families of those killed or missing.

What's left of "the donut shop" as Ellie calls it.


Store is gone, but the cups are still in the holders...

The church behind this is in rubble...oh, the power of the cross. 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment